A LETTER FROM THE DESK OF BILL HOFFMAN, CEO OF HOFFMAN’S EXTERMINATING
Dear Customers, Associates, Partners and friends,
With the COVID-19 crisis upon us, we wanted to let you know that people’s safety is our #1 concern. Like all of you, we are watching and listening to the health experts as well our local emergency management agencies. We understand that we are all in this together, and changes can occur daily or even hourly, and will keep you updated.
For now, Hoffman’s remains open to ensure that we are available to protect your family, business and property against pest and their potential additional diseases’ that they can carry. Like everyone in the world, we are learning a new way of life, and how to function and operate with limited interaction and contact at the recommendation of the CDC. These are the current changes that Hoffman’s will institute for the safety of our staff and our customers, with the understanding they may change at a moment’s notice.
Our staff has been instructed that no-one is permitted to report to work that is sick or even feeling anxious. If they traveled into a quarantine zone, or been at a large gathering that has had cases of COVID-19, they must self-quarantine at the recommendation of the CDC.
For Visitors to our facility – Our offices, are small and staff less than 10 people at any one time. We are not a retail shop, so visitors are limited. When we do have a visitor, this be the new requirement;
- All visitors are required to sign-in prior to seeing anyone at any of our offices. They will be required to sign a waiver stating they or anyone in their house or company has NOT tested positive or Covid-19. Meetings will only be held by appointment and when a phone or internet meeting cannot be done, and personal contact will NOT occur. We will also require that they wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, and /or use hand sanitizer.
For Our Residential Customers – We can postpone your service for 2 weeks. If service is necessary, we will perform all necessary treatment(s) from the exterior if possible.
- If we need to come inside, you must confirm that no-one has tested positive for COVID-19 in your home, and you were not in direct contact with anyone that has tested positive with COVID-19. Our staff will note that in your file. We will wear our protective gloves, and respirators (if necessary) and not exchange any paper work, pens or require you to sign our tablets or phones. All proposals and documents will be available to you electronically, as well as reviewing this on line with an email address. If you don’t have your email, our staff will be asking for it.
For Our Business Customers – Based on the type of business you have, we may be able to reschedule your service for 2 weeks or so and recommend that all preventive or maintenance service be postponed. However, several business require regular pest control service at the recommendation of the FDA and local health departments. These services are critical in maintaining a pest free environment to our health care facilities as well as our food facilities. These services will be done as normal, with our “No Contact Policy in effect.”
- All documents will be electronically send to you
- We will not share any pens
- We will not ask you to sign our tablets or phones
- We will wear protective gloves and respirators as necessary.
If you have a Quality Control Log Book, rather than writing in the book about any request or issues, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.